Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q2 2020 worth $5.93bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 46.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 2.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $6.07bn.
China held a 26.9% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $22.04bn in Q2 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 74 deals during Q2 2020, marking a rise of 64.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 32.1% over the last four-quarter average.
China construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 48.2% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $2.86bn, against the overall value of $5.93bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- CITIC Trust’s $994.26m acquisition of Guangzhou Wanxi Enterprise Management
- The $666.41m acquisition of Jinke Property Group by Guangdong Hongmin Enterprise Management Consulting
- Dalian Jiaguan Guangcheng Corporate Management Centre’s $426.59m acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Realty and DevelopmentLimited
- The $409.86m acquisition of Hainan Guoshan Industrial, Hainan Guoxu Industrial and Hainan Hangpeng Industrial by Hainan Development Holdings Real Estate Group
- Dalian Yida Service ConsultancyLimited’s acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Property ServiceLimited for $359.01m.